Tire Services in Selden, NY and Centereach, NY
Making sure your tires are road ready and save you money in future auto repairs
- Inspecting the lug nuts for wear
- Inspect/test tire pressure
- Mounting the tires
- Proper balancing
- Checking the disc brake caliper clearance, as well as the distance between calipers, wheels, and rims to inspect for no interference.
- Tightening lugs to proper torque as determined by the manufacturer
Tires should be selected by the correct size for the vehicle and should be purchased in sets of four, or at least matching sets of two on each axle. Visit Middle Country Automotive in Selden NY 11784 and Centereach NY 11720 for proper installation of your new tires.
Keep an eye out for these common signs that you may need new tires or service. If your vehicle exhibits any of these symptoms, take it to Middle Country Automotive in Selden NY 11784 or Centereach NY 11720.
- When driving, your car pulls to one side or another
- You notice rhythmic vibrations
- Your tires are wearing unevenly
- Your tires won’t maintain proper air pressure
Make sure to have your brakes inspected as well. We are experts in brake repair services
Balancing your tires is important. If overlooked, unbalanced tires can lead to uneven wear, vibration, and potentially unsafe driving conditions. Your local technician at Middle Country Automotive in Selden NY 11784 and Centereach NY 11720 can help determine whether tires need to be rotated and balanced based on wear or mileage.
Getting your tire balanced can mean:
- Smoother ride
- Increased ride comfort
- Less driver fatigue
- Efficient tire wear
- Efficient for tire and drive train components
Rotating your tires means moving them from one side of the vehicle to the other, moving them from front to back or a combination of both. Regular tire rotation helps avoid uneven tire wear that can lead to poor performance and gas mileage.
Some tires need a rotation at specific intervals, while others will need to be rotated depending on the wear. To find out when your tires need to be rotated, check your vehicle’s owner’s manual or ask Middle Country Automotive.
Wheel alignment is the position of your wheels relative to your vehicle. When properly aligned, your wheels will point in the same direction as the vehicle. To maintain proper control of your car, you must keep your wheels in proper alignment. Otherwise, steering will become difficult, your tires will wear unevenly and your fuel economy will decrease. An alignment check at Middle Country Automotive includes:
- Inspection of the steering and suspension components
- Examination of the tires for size, inflation, and wear
- Comparison of your alignment to vehicle manufacturer guidelines
Have us take a look at your vehicle during your next auto inspection. We are experts in auto repair and brake repair services In Selden and Centereach NY!