Engine Tune-Up in Selden, NY and Centereach, NY
A tune-up is essential to vehicle maintenance. It helps prevent problems while identifying and replacing worn parts. Maintaining a regular tune-up schedule will help your vehicle last longer, as well as get better gas mileage and performance. Most vehicles require regularly scheduled tune-ups around every 30,000 miles. Check owners manual for specific recommendations for your vehicle.
A thorough tune-up performed by a technician at Middle Country Automotive in Selden NY 11784 and Centereach NY 11720 includes:
- Replacing the air filter (if applicable)
- Replacing the fuel filter(s) (if applicable)
- Installing new spark plugs and inspect/replace spark plug wires
- Inspecting and installing a new distributor cap if one is needed and inspecting and installing a new rotor if the old one has cracks, burning or carbon build-up (if applicable)
- Inspecting the valve-cover gasket and adjusting the valves (on vehicles with adjustable valves)
- Checking and topping off all fluids
- Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve replace if clogged
- Inspect valves
We are experts in auto repair, auto inspection, and brake repair services. Visit us today in Selden NY or Centereach NY.